Moving out of Lockdown
12th April 2021
It is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors.
- Outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households is allowed. This will mean tenants can meet others in your gardens and in the outdoor spaces at Mill Street, Sandhills, Royal Park Flats and Garden House.
- The ‘stay at home’ rule has ended, but people will continue to work from home where they can
- Travel abroad is prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons.
- None essential shops have re-opened and cafes and pubs can seat customers outside.
- Social distance should still be adhered to those who are not living in your household
Illegal socialising and parties
From Monday 25th January 2021, an £800 fine for those attending house parties was introduced, which will double for each repeat offence to a maximum level of £6,400.
These fines will apply to those who attend illegal gatherings of more than 15 people in homes.
We do not wish any Unipol tenants to receive fines from either the Police or their institutions, and we continue to manage our properties with the safety of staff, contractors and tenants in mind.
Our approach is very much to Engage, Explain and Encourage.
However, in the unfortunate occurrence of a non-household gathering/party and a failure to disperse, our staff will assist and work with the Police and also the relevant University/College to enable them to take the next step, which is enforcement action.