We continue to manage our properties with the safety of staff, contractors and tenants in mind. It is very important that you continue to let Unipol know if any of your households has symptoms or is self isolating because of a positive Covid test.
Our approach is to Engage, Explain and Encourage.
• a high temperature
• a new cough where you keep on coughing. This means coughing a lot for more than an hour or three or more episodes of coughing in a day
• Losing or there being a change to your sense of smell or taste
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and self isolate - which means that you do not leave home for at least 10 days. You may be able to leave self-isolation after 5 full days if certain conditions are met.
From 24th February 2022, you will not be legally required to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19. However, you should stay at home if you can and avoid contact with other people.
While you are staying at home arrange for food and medication to be delivered. Delivery people must not come into your home.
If you cannot get a supermarket delivery for a few days, you should use a delivery service like Deliveroo to pick up and deliver the essentials you require.
Morrisons have extended their doorstep delivery service to include students. The number to call is 0345 611 6111 option 5.
Can I go collect my delivery in a large building?
Yes, you can go and collect your food deliveries. If you are in a large shared building, ensuring you wear a mask and sanitise your hands when you go to receive your delivery. Touch as little areas as possible.
1. Use a different bathroom if possible. If you use the same bathroom clean it each time after you use it. Wipe all surfaces you have touched using strong household cleaner (disinfectant)
2. Use different towels
3. Do not share a bed
4. Do not use the kitchen at the same time
5. Clean surfaces that you often touch several times a day. Use household cleaner (detergent)
6. Use a dishwasher. If this is not possible, wash and dry each person’s things separately. Use a different sponge and tea towels for each person
7. Do not shake dirty washing before putting it in the washing machine. If you do not have a washing machine, wait 3 days after your staying at home period ends before taking it to be washed
8. Put rubbish such as tissues and disposable wiping cloths into rubbish bags that are tied shut. Then put these bags inside a second bag. You should wait 3 days before you put them outside for the rubbish collection